Chiropractic Treatment for Upper Back Pain
Back pain is one of the most common ailments people suffer from. It can become debilitating. Most of the time, the back pain that people complain of is in the lower back, since it is the most common back pain. Upper back pain is not as expected, since the thoracic spine does not move as much compared to the range on the lower back.
Upper back pain is not as common, but can still be irritating. At UTC Chiropractic in San Diego, CA, we can help. Our experts will diagnose and treat your upper back pain using all-natural solutions.
What Causes Upper Back Pain?
The other name for upper back pain is thoracic spine pain (TSP). Injuries to the soft tissues on the back usually cause thoracic spine pain.
The following are some of the most common causes of upper back pain:
- Poor posture: Sitting for long periods of time with bad posture will often lead to weak and deconditioned muscles, pressure to the spine's bones, discs, ligaments, and soft tissues, which will lead to upper back pain.
- Traumatic injury: These traumatic injuries may result from car crashes, lifting too much weight incorrectly, sports injuries, or overworking oneself. The pressure caused can result in fatal back pain. If you experience this, visit our chiropractor as soon as possible.
- Arthritis: Diseases such as osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis are known to cause upper back pain. Our facility in San Diego, CA, helps people in relieving back pain from these conditions.
- Herniated disc: When pressure is put on the spine by a piece of a disc, you may experience upper back pain.
What Are the Symptoms of Upper Back Pain?
The symptoms that occur due to upper back pain may vary depending on the condition, illness, or disorder. The various symptoms include:
- Neck pain
- Swelling and redness of the back
- Pain in the shoulder
- Tingling, numbness, or generalized weakness
- Sharp pain in the thoracic area on the back
- Pain in the jaw
How We Can Help
Our chiropractor will perform a physical exam to determine the root cause of your back pain. Then, we will create a personalized treatment plan for your condition. We often use chiropractic adjustments for upper back pain. These methods realign the spine to alleviate tension and pressure. We also offer massage therapy, electric stimulation, and corrective exercises, which will heal and strengthen your back muscles.
Schedule an Appointment for Upper Back Pain Treatment
If you are experiencing upper back pain, don’t wait to seek treatment. Your condition could worsen. At UTC Chiropractic in San Diego, CA, we will diagnose and treat your pain. All of our methods are natural, non-invasive, and drug-free. This allows you to avoid risky surgeries and medications, which often come with side effects. We will help you get back to living a pain-free life. To learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment, call us today.